Job description – Business Developer at Kpito
Kpito is a digital education company with a focus on primary education. With operations running in Italy and The Netherlands, we decided that we wanted to enter the Indonesian market. Kpito is an in-classroom application that allows children to make assignments in a fun and informative manner. While it offers teachers a lot of options to tailor the use to their own class. Taken this all together we are excited to see how the Indonesian market reacts on our arrival.
We have a challenging opening in our Dutch technology education platform for SD!
Are you looking for an interesting opportunity, which allows you to use both your knowledge about education and your skills as a business developer? And all of this whilst working for a buzzing Dutch startup? Kpito is looking for a Business Developer to join us in our starting phase in Jakarta. This is an amazing opportunity to use your skills and experience in education, while you can work from any place that you want.
What will you do?
In the role of Business Developer you will have to do a lot of groundwork in acquiring in schools to use our pilot. This means that you will be in contact with schools and teachers everyday, both in a sales role and as an account manager. The goal is to set meetings with the representative persons within schools and present them the advantages of Kpito in a meeting. After a successful meeting a school should start working with Kpito for a month and you will be responsible to keep them satisfied, by being proactively being available for them. On daily basis you will work closely together with the (Dutch) project leader, who is available to aid you in your development. In the beginning you will target schools in and around Jakarta, but after a successful introduction in Jakarta travels to other places in Indonesia will occur frequently. So basically, if you want to aid in the development of the level of education in Indonesia, this is your dream position!
- Contacting and visiting schools (SD)
- Have meetings with schools about the use of Kpito
- Creating assignments for children in SD. You have the freedom to choose topics that you want to create assignments for in mathematics or Bahasa Indonesia
- Checking the assignments (both didactically and on errors) made by other content authors of other content
- Maintain daily contact with content authors and make sure they have the means to perform
- You will actively involved and will play a key role in both the current and future development of the content structure
- Attend meetings with the team, to brainstorm about the business development
- Being accountable for the amount of assignments made by you and the content team at the end of each week
- Addressing most non-routine issues
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with the agreements
- Responsible for other activities assigned by the Operations Manager
Are you the person we are looking for?
- Minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a teacher in SD or in the Indonesian education system is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in business development (preferably in SaaS)
- Able to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail
- Excited about aiding in the development of education in Indonesia
- You take initiative
- Good knowledge of internet and associated technologies
- Fluency in the Bahasa Indonesia
- Fluency in English
- 1-2 years’ experience in a professional work environment
What is in it for you?
- A chance to join the potential new face of education in Indonesia
- You will be an important part of our Indonesian operations
- A salary between 9 and 11 million
- Growth possibilities
- Adding value to children in Indonesia